Elwick Place Ashford
What is Elwick Place?
Designed by Guy Hollaway Architects, Elwick Place is a 100,000 square foot leisure and restaurant development in the heart of Ashford, Kent which opened in December 2018. It includes the first ever newly built Picturehouse cinema, nine retail and restaurant units and a Travelodge hotel.
Adjacent to the development is a 282-space car park. Opposite Elwick Place is the County Square shopping centre, with its own multi-storey car park.
Tenants at Elwick Place
Restaurants at Elwick Place
- Macknade: Set to open at the end of 2019, Macknade at Elwick Place will offer a unique dining experience. Based on the Macknade ethos of “favourite places”, the team will create a welcoming space, where people can come at any time of the day for a coffee and a slice of cake, for lunch or dinner. It will include a butcher’s bar, where people will be able to get fresh meat, a delicatessen corner, as well as a small retail area to buy local produce. Find out more about Macknade at Elwick Place.
- Dansaki: Another addition to the Elwick Place list is Afro-Caribbean restaurant Dansaki. Set to open at the end of 2019, the restaurant will be located under the Travelodge hotel and will offer a fine dining experience in a cosy and welcoming atmosphere. Their menu will blend traditional Afro-Caribbean and continental cuisine.
- AIMREC: The Ashford International Model Railway Exhibition Centre will offer a unique model railway experience in the heart of the town centre. It will be open to the public free of charge on Saturdays and Sundays and will promote the plans to create a permanent model railway entertainment and educational centre in Ashford.
- Snap Fitness: The new 24-hour gym will offer free weights, equipment and floor space to train, as well as personal training sessions and group classes.
- Travelodge: Located right in the town centre and next to the International Station, the new 58-room Travelodge hotel is perfect for people visiting for leisure or business.
Ashford is one of the fastest growing towns in the South East, and for good reason. Discover why Ashford is Kent’s Number One business destination and why it’s attracted over £520m in investment.
Thanks to HS1 services from Ashford International, London is only 38 minutes away, and Paris 2h via the Eurostar. Ashford is also located next to the M20 via J9 and the new J10a, with easy access to the M25, major airports including Gatwick and Heathrow, and ports.
With key residential developments in and around the town, including Chilmington Green, Finberry, Riverside Park and Kent Wool Growers, Ashford is looking to attract more residents, with an estimated growth of 10% by 2025 (compared to 6.6% UK average).
The average income in the Ashford area is also 14% higher than the UK average.
New developments, including Ashford’s “Big 8” projects, a clear regeneration plan and a proactive council have all helped put Ashford on the map as one of the most investable boroughs in Kent. These developments include Connect 38, the first phase of the Ashford Commercial Quarter, Chilmington Green, the Ashford Designer Outlet expansion, the Coachworks and the Curious Brewery. Find out more about key investment locations in Ashford.
Property Agents Details
To find out more about the Elwick Place development, leasing opportunities and much more, get in touch with the relevant property agents below: